• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap engine rebuild

Not off hand in your area, or mine, shipping is going to cost if you buy it mailorder. Ever consider doing it yourself ? Or buying a used motor and either doing it yourself or having it done ?
If you don't know how to do stuff like that then check out your local vo-tech, they have automotive repair classes and will more than likely provide the knowledge and information you need to do it yourself with their tools and you just supply the parts. Good excuse to build a stroker :laugh3:

Well i have the knowledge to do it, but i was hoping to just find the short block to make things easier....and i was pondering the thought of doin a stroker....buttt i have 2 lifted XJ's and a camaro that im currently building....so i need to rebuild an engine for my black xj and sell that, thats why i was asking about a quik shortblock. Or just sell both my XJ's and im thinking about buying a new wj and lifting it...haha my wheels just keep turning..

The chepest way to get a good shortblock is to buy used. A friend just found a '99 engine with 46,000 miles on it at a junkyard 25 miles from home, for $350. The shortblock isn't identical, but can be used in an '89 by swapping the head and adding a bung for the knock sensor. I think that's your best way to go.

Back