• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stripped temp sender

Bolognablake

NAXJA Forum User
When I was attempting to take the temp sender out of the block, I stripped the heck out of it. I was at kind of an awkward angle, and the 2nd or 3rd turn I rounded it off. Seems like it's brass, or some other really soft metal. What would yall suggest?

I *might* be able to bet some needle nose vise-grips around it. Monkey wrench...not a chance. If I can't fix it tommorow, I'm gonna take it to the stealership. I think my blood pressure becomes more important at a certain point.

The offending bolt-sender-thing:

Temp%20Sender%20Outline%20IMG_9297.JPG

I did the same thing. Go to autozone or anywhere you can grab some IRWIN tools. They have a set that will take out stripped bolts and such. They are alittle pricey, but they have bailed me out numerous times since I used it to get the sender out. Here is the website to IRWIN tools...should show you what I mean... Good luck...its not the best place to have to perform surgery. Mine was cross threaded when I got it...so I had to re-cross thread it to get it to seal.

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/detail.jhtml?prodId=IrwinProd100314

Justin

Back