• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5" SHOCK HOOPS

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have the RE 5.5" Kit on my 2000 XJ. Does or has anyone ever put a shock hoop on their jeep to accomadate a longer shock? Does anyone have a picture of where this would be welded or what it would look like? I am thinking about doing it but im not a fabricator myself.
THANKS!

give it more than an hour and a half, and try searching too

Are you talking about the front or the back? The front, there is not much more room, unless you cut out part of the unibody and run it up into the engine bay. The rear is the same thing. If you want to cut, you can do it, if not, there are not many choices.

Usually shock hoops in the rear angle the shocks inward more than stock giving more room for a longer shock /_\ instead of /___\ . The more you angle the shocks the inward the less they absorb.

Last edited:
fdsa487 said:
Ok so i have the RE 5.5" Kit on my 2000 XJ. Does or has anyone ever put a shock hoop on their jeep to accomadate a longer shock? Does anyone have a picture of where this would be welded or what it would look like? I am thinking about doing it but im not a fabricator myself.
THANKS!

well with the design on the xj and built in coil tower it is very hard to make a taller shock hoop without damaging the integrity of the coil tower.

I cut the whole mess off and used coilovers with a custom hoop

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

YES!!! Thank you for the picture!!! I knew that SOMEONE had to have done this... How does it work for you??? That is totally what im going to do to mine in the next year. My dad is a great wealder. Looks Awesome though... Good Job. Do you have pictures of the whole vehicle? Articulation pictures?

fdsa487 said:
YES!!! Thank you for the picture!!! I knew that SOMEONE had to have done this... How does it work for you??? That is totally what im going to do to mine in the next year. My dad is a great wealder. Looks Awesome though... Good Job. Do you have pictures of the whole vehicle? Articulation pictures?

Sorry its not running yet we will see next month

xjnation said:

why would you put the mounts on the top of the axle? (just out of curiosity...)

outta da way notihng to hang up on, by installing them on top you can use a much shorter shock and still get max droop. also on the 45% angle they are on the shock helps on body roll.

Back