• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

self alignment?

muddytires

NAXJA Forum User
I added a 3" lift kit last year. Now my front mud tires are wore out on the outside edges. I guess i need to adjust the camber so that the tires sit squarely on the ground. Can i do this myself? if so how?

Camber is not adjustable, except by offset balljoints perhaps.

Your problem is toe-in. It should be zero to 1/16" toe-in. Bet you're well under that.

ChiXJeff said:
X2 for go jeeps site.

I made a thing to help with the measurements.

I used 1/2 inch copper pipe, (I'm a plumber) but use what ever you have. It's built to set against one rim and the you'll only have to measure the gap on the other side. (you'll be dealing with a few inches instead of a few feet. plus you won't have to get the tape measure around the driveshaft.) Do it once on the leading edge of the rim and once on the trailing edge and get those measurements to the same length.

thing.BMP

I made a leg that sticks out in the middle of the 45" to make the thing stand up on it's own.

The 15" and 45" may vary depending on how wide your axle is and how tall your tires are. A couple of inches narrower than what is measured between your tires is what you want. And what ever the height is from the ground to the center of your rim, or 30 inch tires divided by 2 = 15.

If I'm not making it clear, I can get a photo of it and post it later.

Daryl

Thanks for the tips. I just went outside and adjusted the toe in. The front axle is also a 1/4" off center even though the lift kit came with a track arm bracket( not quite long enough!). Hopefully the jeep will ride a little smoother now with the adjustments made.

Back