• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid plates

I don't know if they interchange or not. You could try finding the various years' parts manuals online and compare the part numbers.
I love mine. Because I already owned C4x4 hooks, I didn't want to get rid of them for a front hitch, and the skid adds some stiffness to the front end. Also, here in the midwest, it seems to help protect the alternator from too much splashing from mud and water. I know water itself doesn't really hurt alternators too much, but mud sure does.

I can attest to the front skid keeping mud and water out of the altenator. when we had the weeks and weeks of bad rain here in cali my dirt road became a mud pupple for about 2 months and before my front skid i would flood the altenator and run on just the battery when i went puddle hoppin and with it my altenator stayed relitivly clean and worked the whole time.

The same front skid fits all years

I appreciate the quick responses. I want one b/c I am wheeling in my bro's XJ(it's kinda ours) and want ALL the protection available. Yeah, yeah besides not wheeling. Iknow Iknow.

Something is better than nothing at this point before a lift.

Thanks again.

I removed one from a 87 and installed it on my 94 with out any problems - direct bolt up!

Back