• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE + TW DS noise

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
im getting noise from my TC..... 3000km after i installed my SYE kit, any ideas? anyone have same problem?

Purple said:
im getting noise from my TC..... 3000km after i installed my SYE kit, any ideas? anyone have same problem?

what kinda sye kit> internal or RE? did you clean teh screen and make sure the pump pickup where in the right orientation?

pbandj said:
I SWEAR I'm not a know-it-all, xjnation, but read the title....

LOL yeah but you are a read it all Im thinking the gy didnt get it all back in correctly and what he is hearing is the chain flapping around

well, im familar with np231 (had a yjfor 3 years, went through 2 engines, 3 trannies, and 2 t cases kicking the shit out of it) and i know how stretched chain sounds.... also i did put 4* shims, the only thing that i did not do, is remove my tcase drop brackets which are 1". I removed my Front DS(after recent wheeling noticed my aluminum bottom bump stop loose and my exhaust pipe bent in) to eliminate all the noises while in 2wd. and it was still making that noise. Also all that was done by a trusted mechanic that i have been dealing with for the last 10 years, and all my companies pickups (10) are serviced there.
....... Tranny X-member is wet, but you can not see any apparent leaks... , when checked T case fluid it was OK. ... ... so my question is, if thats AA parts that make noise, did anyone have that happen to their XJ ? Would a rebuild of my T case have to include brand new SYE kit from aa? well, not the whole thing, but the internal shaft....>???? if not, and if all AA parts can stay the same... where to buy a GOOD rebuild kit, for how much? before asking if it is too hard to rebuild it yourself, i will search the forums:pPPPP oh... its a 98 with auto, and about 150k of kilometers, so ... around 95? miles? something like that... when i removed my stock shaft @ 135km when bought, it still had stock u joints...;) so... no.. it was never wheeled:p

Purple said:
well, im familar with np231 (had a yjfor 3 years, went through 2 engines, 3 trannies, and 2 t cases kicking the shit out of it) and i know how stretched chain sounds.... also i did put 4* shims, the only thing that i did not do, is remove my tcase drop brackets which are 1". I removed my Front DS(after recent wheeling noticed my aluminum bottom bump stop loose and my exhaust pipe bent in) to eliminate all the noises while in 2wd. and it was still making that noise. Also all that was done by a trusted mechanic that i have been dealing with for the last 10 years, and all my companies pickups (10) are serviced there.
....... Tranny X-member is wet, but you can not see any apparent leaks... , when checked T case fluid it was OK. ... ... so my question is, if thats AA parts that make noise, did anyone have that happen to their XJ ? Would a rebuild of my T case have to include brand new SYE kit from aa? well, not the whole thing, but the internal shaft....>???? if not, and if all AA parts can stay the same... where to buy a GOOD rebuild kit, for how much? before asking if it is too hard to rebuild it yourself, i will search the forums:pPPPP oh... its a 98 with auto, and about 150k of kilometers, so ... around 95? miles? something like that... when i removed my stock shaft @ 135km when bought, it still had stock u joints...;) so... no.. it was never wheeled:p

having stock U jonits dont mean it aint been wheeled LOL, I did many class 4 with the stock setup and around 145,000 miles of hard use

By the way tis info at first would have stopped alot of second guessing. The fluid was full and bright red correct? You canrebuild it yourself my neighbor did his and he never even had done a tune up before.

My AA does not make any different sounds that the stock one did

Back