• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing door panels

edmaude

NAXJA Member #1368
What is the best way to remove the front door panels w/o damaging the clips? need to get in there for speaker replacement

Any auto parts store will sell the tool. It's a few bucks, and works really well for doing it. I suggest getting one. Looks like a screwdriver, but it has a U shaped end on it to surround the clip and pull it straight out.

edmaude said:
What is the best way to remove the front door panels w/o damaging the clips? need to get in there for speaker replacement

Use the tool that was described to you. It would cost about $10.00 for the tool. Start at a bottom corner and "pry" the panel off carefully. Go all the way around side and bottom and other side. On my '97 the top has no pins but fits into a groove so it will just push up.

If you have a crank window then you will need to remove the crank first.

I have all electric but had 2 big bolts that hold the armrest to the inner door frame and a small bolt in the door handle. The armrest itself is part of the door panel and does not come off.

Lastly, if you bend one or two pins, you can usually straighten them out. Several of mine were broke and the dealer wanted $3.81 per pin. What a rip. I went to an auto interior/paint supply store and got a box of 50 pins for $6.50. Brand was Au-ve-co #18915. This corresponds to the Chrysler part # 6504014.

Hope this helps-

Jeff-97XJ

Back