• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to but or not to buy

David95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can't decide on my next lift

Choices:

Black Diamond 3in kit
3in Full Pack
3in Coils
LCA's
$480

or

RE 6010
(1) Stainless Steel Rear Brake Line
(2) 3" Front Coil Springs
(2) 2" Front Bump Stop Extensions
(1) 5/16" Center Pin
(2) Rear 2.5Add-a-Leafs
(2) Superflex Lower Control Arms
(2) Front Sway Bar Disconnects
(2) Front Sway Bar Disconnect Adapter Brackets
(2) Spring Clamps
Complete Instructions $440 (free shipping)

What size lift are people getting w/ the RE AAL?

I can't decide if i shoudl go w/ the Black diamond kit w/ full springs
or the RE kit w/ AALs, i have a set up Upcountry leafs i would put the AAL in but still can't decide

David

buy whatever the eff you want

in labeling the full spring packs - you obivoulsy know what you are getting into with an AAL - what do you care what my opinion is?

I made my packs with 3 AAL's (basicaly)

people need to sop making these boring posts of useless-ness

everyone will have their own opinion and you wont get any real info out of anyone...

like this:
id buy the RE kit cuse everyone reccomends them - and it comes with brake lines!

come on now. cut the guy some slack. there's pleanty of people on here that like to get a second opinion before they sink money into their rigs. take it easy. if you're tired of reading these kind of posts, use that handy little mouse-over feature in the thread listings to see if it's worth your time or not.

neither. save a little more money and get the RE kit with the springs.quality is much better with RE.

FitchVA said:
come on now. cut the guy some slack. there's pleanty of people on here that like to get a second opinion before they sink money into their rigs. take it easy. if you're tired of reading these kind of posts, use that handy little mouse-over feature in the thread listings to see if it's worth your time or not.

true - however i have yet to see a thread that was conclusive...

$10 says that RE is the reccomended kit here...

XJ_ranger said:
$10 says that RE is the reccomended kit here...

Out of the two choices, yeah, I'd probably go with the RE kit. Having said that, I'm planning on going OME when I (eventually) get around to doing my build-up.

David95XJ: bear in mind that this is *your* rig, and only you know how it's going to be used. We can all give you opinion on this until the cows come home, but ultimately it's your call. I chose OME because my XJ spends 90% of its life on-road, and the OME-equipped XJs I've driven/been in rode, handled, and performed beautifully both on- and off-road. Same with the RE kit, but not quite as nice on-road. Black Diamond's something of an unknown for me as I've never seen one running around here, but anecdotally I've heard of people either loving or hating them.

get the RE.. the AAL net 3 to start but sag down to 2.75ish. The AAL ride like crap idc what anyone says. I had the AAL for two months then found used RE 3.5 inch packs for 150 bucks soon after. The RE kit is great, but you will need disconnects for the front sway if you plan to wheel. Just get the RE, see how u like the AAL and then work from there.

i would say get the black diamond and tell us if it was worth the money and then we will all have gotten something verry valuable, your opinion!!!!

seriously, if you can afford to wait i would wait for the RE W/full packs, but if you cant, and you want to avoid the AAL mystique go with the BD ( cant be that bad, they are well known and still in buisness )

JMHO
Troy

Good luck in your Quest for the perfect lift kit.

I would reccomend a full spring pack for your first kit( if it is your first kit ) and to stay below 3.5 to 4 inches of lift. (it helps avoid other complications with driveline angles)

AAL = harsher ride, limited lifespan unless added to fresh factory springpacks. ( I have had lift kit AAL, and spring shop AAL, both had limited lifespans)

Full springpacks from any of the below, will all outlast any AAL saving you money in the end.
BDS,
RE,
Skyjacker(I have a set of the 5" XJ leafs and they ride better than my(new under warranty) factory springs in my 99XJ),
OME (best ride/durability for light loads and highway commuting with the occaional off road weekend)

good luck,

Chris.

There is a lot of good to be said about complete engineered lift kits.
I have learned the hard way, again and again, and agin...

Back