• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ever had the lower track bar bushing sieze to the bolt? If so how did you break it free? I can't get anything on the sleave to hold it. :hang:

Thanks for your help

cjwalkeriii said:
has anyone ever had the lower track bar bushing sieze to the bolt? If so how did you break it free? I can't get anything on the sleave to hold it. :hang:

Thanks for your help

what are you replacing?

if you are replacing the whole thing -cut the trackbar apart and get vicegrips on the sleve...

i am tryingto drop the trac bar to allow enough travel to install rusty's 3" springs. I got the bacl nut off the bolt (lower trac bar) but the blot itself is seized to the bolt. So basicall the whole sleve spins, and i cant get the damn blot out. This is becomming a real pita... there soaking now, just seeing if anyone had a trick to get them out.. thanks

try a pry bat behind the bolt?

the nut on the back has a tab on it - i dont know how you managed to get that out...

try leavin it in while you install the springs? do the passenger side first then the drivers side...

mine did that too. i had to soak the damn bolt in PB blaster and let it penetrate into the bushing and i hit it with an impact and let it spin itself out of the bushing. HTH

I remember mine was difficult to get out when I put my 3" springs in. Nothing like what you're experiencing though. Mine pretty much unthreaded itself from the bushing. About 2 months after the install, I noticed that the bolt was loose. I crawled underneath and removed the bolt to check the threads and apply loctite. I noticed that it unthreaded a ton easier with the vehicle on the ground. I don't know if this is b/c I had already had it out once (probably). Recently I installed spacers and had to remove it again. I took the bolt out before I jacked it up that time and it was cake. Just thinking outloud I guess. Hope you get it.

Thanks. Ranger, I did what you said. Left it in a flexed the heck outta it. Then using a pry bar I snuck the spring in. I rented a spring compressor, but it was internal, so thus useless. YOa know, it's kinda nice sitting up there. lol Got some vibes so I gotta lower the transfer somehow. Figure that out in time. thanks

Back