• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing Cruise Now

TexasComanche

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after putting in A/C for the first time, I am now installing cruise control on my 88 with Manual trans but I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered (already did a search):
1. Do I have the speed sensor (behind the cluster) there already if I didn't have cruise before?
2. Where does the Vaccuum line go that runs into the cab of my Jeep?

Thanks for you'alls help!

Hmmm, can you put a cruise on a manual tranny ? didn't think that would work...

Yup. All you need is the install kit if brand new or go to the junk yard and pick up all the parts. Sorry I can't help withother questions though.

Ray

TexasComanche said:
Well, after putting in A/C for the first time, I am now installing cruise control on my 88 with Manual trans but I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered (already did a search):
1. Do I have the speed sensor (behind the cluster) there already if I didn't have cruise before?
2. Where does the Vaccuum line go that runs into the cab of my Jeep?

Thanks for you'alls help!

If it didn't have cruise control then you don't already have the speed sensor. It goes inline on the speedo cable near the base of the steering column.

The vacuum line goes to a vacuum dump switch at the brake pedal (above the brake light switch).

TexasComanche said:
Thanks for the help! By the way, I take it there is a different brake switch for 88 cruise control vehicles? Thanks again.

One with two sets of terminals.

Good article but nothing about the brake switch. I went around to every part store and found that everyone had the switch but it just had two electrical connections. No one had the switch with the vaccuum line connection. I then went to Jeep where they said they no longer carry the part either. Any ideas where I could get this part if I dont live near any junk yards. 5-90 posted a reply to my want ad and said Borg/Warner SS780 would work but I couldn't find any distributors for it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Back