• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Bullbar OR Custom 4x4 Front Bumper

spniak3r

NAXJA Forum User
Help me make up my mind. If anyone knows if the the powder coating is the same please tell me. Im looking fr a gloss black rather than that matte black.

No one beats ARB's Powdercoating IMHO. I saw A bumper delivered from Glen at Rocky Road and it looked like Fed Ex had DRAGGED it from Michegan to NH....the new owner bolted it up huge scrapes and gashes and All and ran it through the worst Coastal Winter NH has seen in YEARS...and not ONE TINY bit has flaked off.

My ARB has been used and abused and after 2 coastal NH winters, NO PEELING.

NO ONE BEATS ARB's powedercoating.

The C4x4 Bumper isn't a Bad unit by any far strech of the meaning, but I personally do not like the 2 Piece design....the main "frame" and then a "cover"...just not the same as the ARB or the Hanson unit...also Check out the BPI Fab units...VERY NICE!!!!!!!

My $.10...my $.02 is free..........

The C4x4 winch bumper was the first addition to my XJ. I don't know anyone who has experience with the ARB, but after 4 Indiana winters and several long trips, the powdercoating on my bumper is shot. I just spent 90 minutes today sanding it down to put some bed coating on it tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, the bumper itself is still very solid, but after about 2 years I noticed some spots of rust on the front. Probably a result of stones and debris. Trouble is, that little speck of rust tends to spread under the powdercoating where you can't see it, until a huge chunk flakes off and there's a 2 in. diameter rust spot. If I had it to do over again I would still get the C4x4 bumper, because the price is right. However this time I would immediately coat it with some sort of DIY bed liner or similar substance. I should note that although the bumper coating is shot, the coating on the grill guard and the rear bumper which is also C4x4 is still in excellent condition. As long as it remains intact, it's alright. But if you get a chip in it, break out the touch up paint ASAP. Again, this is surface rust I have only, with some pitting of the metal. The strength of the unit is in no way compromised, it just looks like crap right now. Kind of like me......

After trashing three other cars in wrecks, and hitting the side of a gas station, my ARB is still kicking, hell it didnt even move on the frame......large scrape from the gas station but minimal surface rust, the BEST addition to my jeeps, period!

Where'd you learn how to drive? ;)

I would say Custom 4x4 out of the 2. ORGS has the best all around in my opinion though.

I've had an ARB on my 91 for close to 4 years now and I'm very satisfied. The powdercoat is definately a gloss finish, and mine still is after 2 upstate NY winters here at school. I don't "use" mine too much, but I've bounced it off the ground a couple times and I have had the unfortunate experience of hitting a dog with it doing about 45 and I have barely even scuffed it yet. Only places I'm seeing any rust on mine is in some of the non-welded joints. In my opinion, the ARB is the way to go.

I have C4x4 and I don't like it. I wisj the winch was mounted up higher and the bumper angled to improve approach angle. the outside corners are not sturdy, don't try to jack-up the jeep by the bumper corners. i already cracked the headlight bezel when the bumper flexed up. i never came down on the bumper hard yet, but i'm guessing same thing would happen.

Back