• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 shops

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
hey, anyone know of any good 4x4 shops in ohio or ky or indiana?
i would like to get a lift and don't have the tools to do it myself.
Plus not that experianced in susp.
any info would be helpful!
i'm in cincinnati , ohio

How much lift are you wanting? I don't know of any shops in those areas but the install is really not that bad. Someone from that area will chime in here soon about a place.

personaly - if i was to spend the $$$ -

i would buy tools and ask for help from a local jeep club or say the MWC with my lift...

If i were closer - i would help you wrench...

but one word of advice:
Dont sell the jeep 2 weeks later....

I'm not sure if there's one in Cincy....but Indy has a 4 Wheel Parts Wholesale Store. They sell and install lifts and just about anything that you'd need for a 4x4.

The one in Indy works a lot with IFWDA (Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association) and gives members of IFWDA and maybe even UFWDA discounts...you'd have to double check the UFWDA discount procedure though. They also work alot with the Jeep Club (pretty large membership) that I belong to and give us discounts and sometimes help to kick-in prizes for our drawings and such.

The Indy one may be an exception to the rest of them....since they are a chain. I'm not sure if they're individually owned...but I'd guess that they're mostly all individually operated...at the very least. The Indy store has treated many people that I know pretty well.

They recently had a 4x4 fun/fest type of a deal with a rock garden, RTI Ramp and lots of foods/prizes were given away. There were also some really good deals and discounts given that day too.

They also offer some cash-n-carry discounts sometimes.....for us guys that do our own wrenching. They have lots of planned special events/deals throughout the year...you might check them out.

Aron

There is a few in the Cincy area, but I can't remember who off the top of my head right now. There is a fella that lives in Middletown, and a couple of guys in Columbus that may be willing to lend a wrench (I'll let these guys make themselves known if they so desire). I would offer to lend a hand, but with my current work schedule I would have a very hard time to come up with a Saturday to help. There is suposed to be a good shop in Columbus, but unfourtunely I'm droping the ball again, and can't remember the name. Try calling around to your local dealerships, and auto repair places. I found a good shop in St. Marys, OH through the local dealership.

Back