• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Shock Boots

GudaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just recieved my 4.5" lift with rear spring packs and noticed the shocks didnt come with dust boots. Do i need em? are they just for looks? Prolly another stupid question, but i was just wondering. And if anyone has the same lift lemme know whatcha think about it?

GudaXJ said:
I just recieved my 4.5" lift with rear spring packs and noticed the shocks didnt come with dust boots. Do i need em? are they just for looks? Prolly another stupid question, but i was just wondering. And if anyone has the same lift lemme know whatcha think about it?
You're joking, right?

You don't need them except for accessorizing...

My advice is to forget about it.

Oh, and you may want to go ahead and delete this thread now, 'cause it's gonna get hot in here....

Okie Terry said:
You're joking, right?

You don't need them except for accessorizing...

My advice is to forget about it.

Oh, and you may want to go ahead and delete this thread now, 'cause it's gonna get hot in here....

too late the dogs are at his throat!

Now, now, now boys be nice and at least tell him why not to use them. :lecture: the shock boots will add un-needed spring rate to your suspension. :bs: :wstupid:

well here goes nothin... I have the 4.5" rustys kit... and yes i'm happy with it. and yes it is holding up well.. but until it starts giving me trouble i have nothing but good things to say about the kit... I'll be standing ready with the fire extinguisher(sp) just in case i get the flames.... lol

I think I was told not to get boots b/c they don't really do anything but "dress up" the suspension. In fact, someone told me that they can tend to actually trap dirt and debris inside and thus, cause more harm than they do good. HTH.

"Prolly another stupid question"

HMMMMMMMM

If you spend a lot of time on gravel fire roads the boots will keep the shock rods from getting covered in dings that will chew up the seal.
For everyone else they are more bother than they are worth, and yes, they will trap mud so if you have them you must pull them up and rinse them out often.

Sell you a set, $15.00 + shipping :star:

Oh jeeze... well i guess you learn something new every day. I actually thought the boots kept stuff out :p. Due to my stupidity i'll be ordering a set of pink ones tonite. Thanks for the info..

:flamemad: whoever gave me negative rock rash, speak now or forever hold your weakness. I allways post informative subject matter and positive feedback with a little joke now and then. GudaXJ will get the answer he is looking for even with a few obvious jokes to chuckle at.

Relax and laugh a little. :D Life is too short as it is.

- Nate.

N8 DAWG said:
:flamemad: whoever gave me negative rock rash, speak now or forever hold your weakness. I allways post informative subject matter and positive feedback with a little joke now and then. GudaXJ will get the answer he is looking for even with a few obvious jokes to chuckle at.

- Nate.

negitive for bitching and not taking a chuckle yourself

life is too short to care about this crap...

i wont take credit for giving you negitive in the first post though - that one wasnt me

XJ_ranger said:
negitive for bitching and not taking a chuckle yourself

life is too short to care about this crap...

i wont take credit for giving you negitive in the first post though - that one wasnt me

x2 ya know if you join up you can actually see which of us gave it to ya...

N8 DAWG said:

- Nate.

Time to stop your whining and follow your own advice...by the way you can only give negative rash if you are in the green...which I dont see happening anytime in the near future :wave:

Thank You. :) I can feel the love. :loveu: ......and the maturity level you have. I'm sure NAXJA is proud to have you as a member.

I'm Done.

Sorry for all the viewers out there that have wasted their time reading the last few posts. :dunno:

Back