• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alloy inner shafts, plus hot, naked women!!!!

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
I just ordered my inner alloy shafts for my front d44, and I also ordered 760 joints, am I correct to believe that I can run my stock outter shafts with this set up??

Did I get hosed for paying $190 for the shafts??

BTW, the naked women had to leave early, sorry. :rolleyes:

The alloy outers are only a little more, I'd get them. You're much more likely to break an outer than an inner axle, since the outer is 19 spline and the inner is 30 spline. Also, the alloy yokes distort less and make the u-joint stronger, so you have less likelyhood of breaking an axle u-joint with both inner and outer alloy shafts. Plus, the alloy shafts are already recessed for snap rings rather than c-clips........nothing should go together with c-clips anymore.

Go for it!!! :D

What kind of Alloy and what do they look like? Heat treated? From what design and treatments of axle shafts I have seen you just wasted 190 on shafts that will fail, just a matter of when.

SPOBI Alert!

I read and reread this thread - carefully!
There are no hot naked women to be found!

Dan - do be more careful . . .

= )

Dan, your biggest helper is going to be full circle clips when you get your shafts. I'd still get the outers though or you're gonna blow up on Gaurdrail again :doh: (sorry, couldn't resist) I definately wanna be holding the video camera when you finally make it up that thing :party:

Sean

Mmmm... alloy axleshafts, hot nekkid women...Tellico Mud...

LOL Guardrail and Schoolbus hills await you my daring son...

Bring forth whatever you deem worthy and be afeared not to be found wanting.

NO CAMERAS THIS TIME :dunno:

I WILL make guardrail this year!! period. (w/o mr. warn)

there WILL be cameras.

Woody, you will tie down your spare.

BTW, I'm buying the outters, got a deal, $50 per side. So that makes the whole deal $340 for both the inners, both outters and 760's. Cheaper than Randy's quoted me.

Now, where's the next weakest link??? The loose screw behind the wheel???

Back