• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slip Yoke

Who makes the best Slip Yoke Eliminator kit for the money?

• Rubicon Express

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Tom Woods

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Rustys

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • other, specify in forum.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brian Carpenter

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking into it I have my own opinions, but, I'd love an unofficial poll.
What did you buy for a SYE? How much? How was the install (hours etc..)? Did it need a new driveshaft as well? How has it held up to trail use?

Advance Adaptors SYE here...

install took about 4 hours
yes i needed a driveshaft

cost - $500 for a custom shaft and the AA SYE...

from Tom Woods...

keep in mind that the TW and RE H+T both use the stock output shaft cut down and tapped - no stronger than the stock output...

I did the Old_Man SYE and a new DS all for less than $300.

However, if I did it again, I'd go with an AA SYE, or some other HD version.

Fergie

AA SYE and TW drive shaft.. install took about 2 hours (on a lift and air tools)
$480 for the combo. holding up great.

I'm running the AA HD SYE. No problems or leaks over the last 2 1/2 years. I don't remember what I paid for it, I was more interested in not costing me down the road.

CHEROWAGON,
Thanks. that does look like the best deal around. Now my only worry is having the jeep out of comission while I install it, Measure for the driveshaft and have that shipped.
:wave:

Brian Carpenter said:
CHEROWAGON,
Thanks. that does look like the best deal around. Now my only worry is having the jeep out of comission while I install it, Measure for the driveshaft and have that shipped.
:wave:

2hi with your front shaft!

Back