• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box differences?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a budy that has a steering box off an 88 and one off an 89. I am wondering what the differences are between those years and the one on my 97. I am going to be doing a redneck ram sooner or later, and I could use one to either have tapped or put in until mine gets tapped. So, would these work? They would be free, so you cant beat that! Anyone know? Thanks.
josh

They may differ in ratios, and at some point I think the boost was decreased. The old ones are overboosted by some people's standards, though that might be handy if you have bigger tires. I have an 89 box on my 95. It's very light effort. As far as I know, they should all be interchangeable with regard to physical fit.

Of course if they're free, you had better pick them up anyway, or the scrounging police will come knocking at your door late one night and rip off your epaulets.

Back