• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

better track bar (will it help with flex ) pic

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of building my lift and was wondering if a better track bar would level this thing out or are super flex joints the only way to help this out

kinda confused
107_0736.JPG

also if anyone has some front flex pics similar to this with a good view of the relation of the track bar could yoiu post it or a link

VegasAnthony said:
Im in the process of building my lift and was wondering if a better track bar would level this thing out or are super flex joints the only way to help this out

kinda confused
107_0736.JPG

also if anyone has some front flex pics similar to this with a good view of the relation of the track bar could yoiu post it or a link

now i've seen it all... couldnt you at least find some stairs to drive onto?

That pic doesn't show much.......

If you want more flex you have to progressively determine what is limiting your flex. When your truck is fully articulated take a look and see what is limiting it....some possible things are:

sway bar (of course), shocks, control arm mounts, steering linkages, track bar mounts, brake lines, front driveshaft.

In many cases the limiting factor is different for each side.

If you are sure your flex is currently limited by your track bar it would help if you told us what kind of track bar you currently have and ideally get a good pic of your setup so we can clearly see it. In some cases you can cut and grind a little of the mounts to get an extra few inches of flex. When that isn't enough a track bar with joints that allow more movement may be the solution...and whent that isn't enough new mounting points may be the only options.

We need better pics!!!

It kind of looks like your sway bars are hooked up? I can't really tell, like said before a close up of the diffrent perspectives of the suspension would help alot for some one to help awnser your question.

hpi_jeep said:
now i've seen it all... couldnt you at least find some stairs to drive onto?
why would I use stairs when I can control the the total articulation of the front end

havent you ever seen someone do this with a fork lift
same principle
rig17_05.jpg

Last edited:
I love all the knowledge that you get from people.....I don't think the track bar will limit the travel on the drivers side like you picture shows, but maybe the passenger side.

Where in Las Vegas do you live?

Is that a stock XJ?

If so flex looks pretty good for stock rubber bushings, tre trac bar, etc.

japril said:
I love all the knowledge that you get from people.....I don't think the track bar will limit the travel on the drivers side like you picture shows, but maybe the passenger side.

Actually it can if the trackbar is bottoming out on the axle bracket. It's not that uncommon really, especially if you're using the stock trackbar with a lift kit.

If you convert the drivers side bracket from the stock horizontal TRE kinda joint to a rubber vertical joint it really helps out flex. I noticed an improvement with steering and flex when I did this to mine.

trackbar4.jpg

It looks like "Kevin's Offroad".

Jeepin Jason said:
Actually it can if the trackbar is bottoming out on the axle bracket. It's not that uncommon really, especially if you're using the stock trackbar with a lift kit.

jason knows his chit
yea its a stock track bar with a tre

im trying something similar to Kevins in the next day or so Ill see what happens

Are there any other WJ/ZJ Trackbar mount conversions out there that use a cheaper tracbar than the JKS or the RE?

I'm only about to be at 3" of lift and I'd like to make the most of it without breaking the bank... the other availible trackbars that use the standard vertical bolt look like a bandaid on the original problem..

Are there any non adjustable trackbars with the mount conversion out there the right length for a 3" lift?

Possibly something out of a cheapo 3" lift for a WJ/ZJ?

at 3" of lift there's no reason or need for you to convert to the rotated frame mount. I'd just get a regular JKS adjustable trackbar and call it done.

Back