• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

timing control

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
i had posted on the performance forum but also wanted to post here as well you can control timing on a renix motor by purchasing a spark translator from www.fuelsystemparts.com it is ment for gm v8s and turbo buick v6 motors it goes in between the signal sent from the ecm to the ignition module----it works i had purchesed 1 to be a guenia pig they also have a box that goes in line from the crank sensor before the ecm recieves the signal and alters that siganal to adjust timing i don't know if that will work on 91 up chryslerized pcm it costs $179 (the spark translator does) i definitly would recomend one if anybody likes to squeze every bit of power they can out of the 4.0 just do a search for spark translator.any questions just ask i am a master ase tech at a gm dealer and am lucky we have a dynojet dyno here i have my 88 xj tuned in pretty well with 26lb ls1 injectors with a home made map adjuster and am runnig @13:1-13:3 air fuel ratio with map set at 3.09 volts should be set up for future plans for stroker motor all up grades are there allready :)

Back