• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60 Full Floater

Chief93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Dana 60 out of a mid 70's ford F250,must go, it has factory 4.11:1 gears, factory limited slip, full floater, 30 spline axles, huge factory brakes (rusty) and 8 lug. all the original mounts and brakelines are still intact. the side and pinion gears as well as the pinion shaft have started to consume themselves and are chipping apart, the carrier spins freely and there is no blueing from heat, but it will need to be rebuilt internally.you might be able to reuse the ring and pinion, they are not chipped up.I am not sure of the condition of the wheel bearings cuz i dont have the tool to pull the nut off of the end. the limited slip clutches look to be OK.I am asking $200 for a good start to a beefy project. I have no means of delivering this, so you will have to come pick it up. Located in south/central PA near RT22 approx 45 min east Pittsburg.thanks-Aaron

Last edited:
dana 60

I may be interested can you email me some photos of the carrier and the brake assemblies? I can pick this up so thats not a problem. I am also curious as to if it has a posi unit or a factory locker. How many splines?

All I know about the posi/locker question is it has some friction plates behind the side gears. The actual carrier itself seems to be in OK condition but the side and pinion gears and the pinion shaft inside the carrier are junk. It is a 30 spline unit. I will try to get some pictures this weekend but i think that might be as soon as possible. It has some BIG drum brakes on it, theyre pretty rusty not to metion 8 lug. The axle bearings that ride on the spindle are probably OK. I tore the front axle from same vehicle down today and the bearings, ring and pinion all looked sweet. You gotta remember though this thing is about 38 years old. Any more questions -shoot:wstupid:

IM sorry dude i wont be able to get any pictures for a while, me and all my college buds are on summer break and thge owners of the garage where im storing the axle are nowhere to be found for a week

Back