• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock slider rockers

94XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I year or so ago i got fed up with the rusty rockers on my xj. so i took the sawzall to them. problem solved. Now I'm thinking. replace them or build a rock slider that will fit right up into the space where the rocker went. I was hoping i coulf use a big square piece of 1/4" thick tubing and weld it up in there. But I'm worried it may be pushed up into the bottom of the doors the first time i come down on a rock. Any ideas? do you thing this will be stong enough or is there another stronger design i could use?

Thanks
-Tim

did a couple searches didnt find much... read ur post figured what the hell ill try again this time with a less spcific search... and came up with a thread I had made on this exact same topic.... i had completly forgoten i posted it.... My bad i guess. dont mind me :D haha anyone with the power feel free to delete this thread. sorry. I guess im not all here tonight. Ill blame it on waking up early after a long vacation. haha

I just did mine about a month ago. I used 3/16" wall 2x4 60" long and it turned out great. I have banged them on multiple rocks with nothing more than scratches to show for it. I used to have to get out a big hammer to get the doors to close after wheeling for a day. Well worth it.

Back