• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel delivery failure

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
whenever i make left hand turns or left hand curves the gas cuts out and then comes bach when the car straightens out. i cant figure out the problem. its a 99 4.0, auto

Last edited:
xjrugger said:
whenever i make left hand turns or left hand curves the gas cuts out and then comes bach when the car straightens out. i cant figure out the problem. its a 99 4.0, auto
...and how much fuel do you have in the tank? This isn't uncommon under 1/4 tank indicated, and has been discussed many times before. The concensus is to not drive around close to empty.

so i filled the tank half way yestreday and there have been no problems on the same turns. I used gunk fuel injection cleaner 2 tanks ago, could that have done anything? Then i brought it in to have the tranny fluid and screen changed since i have no time for both jeeps and that and the tcase fluid wwas the only work done to it. Also could have been a situation like watered down gas?? Im boggled. My tank is almost down to a 1/4 so ill see what happens today. If it happens agian does anyone have suggestions where i should look. Oh and also i have a remote starter that acted funny today. Didnt start the first time and then while i started the car manually with the key it grinded which sounded like the same noise if someone tries to start a car already running and when i oulled the key out it was engaged as if it were remotely started. Could that have anything to do with this? Please any solutions would help.

-Mike

Back