• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Install steps for Rusty's gas tank skid plate

Martinida

NAXJA Forum User
Got a Rusty's skid because I was to impatient to wait for the Rock Lizard one. Well Rusty's didn't send instructions, just like when I got their tow hook brackets and Adj. spacers. :wierd: Rusty's website doesn't have instructions for the skid. Well here is the question....

If I have a receiver hitch already what are the steps for installing the skid?

I figure drop the hitch to put up the skid and reinstall the hitch with some spacers if needed.

Just call Rusty. he's usually pretty good about answering questions or just sending/emailing instructions. Give it a try.

ckh550 said:
Just call Rusty. he's usually pretty good about answering questions or just sending/emailing instructions. Give it a try.

X2.... they answered any questions i had when ordering their lift kit

pretty straight forward just drop the tow hitch and throw on the skid then the hitch...be careful not to push the bolts up into the frame when you have the nuts off...oh and an empty gas tank helps too.

wheelin4cheap said:
pretty straight forward just drop the tow hitch and throw on the skid then the hitch...be careful not to push the bolts up into the frame when you have the nuts off...oh and an empty gas tank helps too.

uhhhhhh i dont klnow the rusty's design, but the hitch should be as close to the frame and bolt points as possible...

my factory skid mounts BELOW my drawtite hitch....

XJ_ranger said:
uhhhhhh i dont klnow the rusty's design, but the hitch should be as close to the frame and bolt points as possible...

my factory skid mounts BELOW my drawtite hitch....

Good call!

I know this is an old post but just for later inquires You must drop the reciever hitch and the bumber. My reciver does not fit back up on it the skid is to wide. Its a valley industries reciver.

Back