• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cap & Rotor suggestions

BoogieDown

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to replace my cap and rotor soon( already have the wires and plugs) I need reccomendations. I would prefer aftermarket but was thinking that OEM parts would suffice. It's going in an '88 XJ I6(originall engine)

Just make sure the cap has brass terminals and you'll be OK. If you're thinking aftermarket, I had an Accel cap & rotor that wore out pretty fast, so I wouldn't recommend them.

Borg Warner makes a nice cap & rotor set w/brass terminals for cheap.
If you have O'Reilly auto parts in your area, they usually stock 'em.

Anyone here runnin' the Mopar performance Cap and Rotor

I did a direct comparison between dealer parts and Napa parts. The Napa cap was obviously a higher quality piece than the OEM. However the dealer rotor was significantly different than the one Napa provided.

Went with Napa cap and OEM rotor and I'm doing great so far.....

Napa cap & rotor, no problems. JIM.

The Mopar Performance cap and rotor used to be brass, and the set sold for less than the price of the OEM cap alone (to my dealer's amazement). The last time I bought, however, the contacts were aluminum rather than copper, and it appeared they were just packaging the same OEM stuff under the Mopar Performance part number. Mine is a Renix, though, so the MP stuff for the newer years may still have brass contacts.

Back