• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Relay Location

scott88wagoneer

NAXJA Forum User
Im wanting to see if my a/c relay is bad but im not sure where it is. The cooling fan relay location would also be appretiated. Im still getting to learn this jeep and im not sure of the locations of everything.

Scott

Scott, the aux cooling fan relay is located on the driver's side fenderwell, near the fuel pump ballast resistor. It's a black 1-1/2" square relay.

The A/C relay is located under the plastic "relay center" cover. There are 4 relays under there, but I can't remember which one is the A/C....???

If your A/C dosen't work, check for pressure first. It has an automatic shut-off switch for low freon pressure.

I just had to replace the relay for my A/C. Mine is a little box located between the battery and the firewall, on the pass. side. Mine is a 96, sounds like older ones must be on the driver's side , not sure on that. On the lid of mine there is a diagram of what it what.

Back