• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Opinoin

indyjeepnut

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to purchase new upper and lower control arms for my MJ. I think I am sold on the JKS that twist. I am looking for anyones opinion before I make my purchase.

Thanks

Andy

I suppose the first question would be, "what about the JKS sold you on those?" I'm partial to my RE Super-Flex arms, but that's me...

indyjeepnut said:
I am going to purchase new upper and lower control arms for my MJ. I think I am sold on the JKS that twist. I am looking for anyones opinion before I make my purchase.

Thanks

Andy

You mean the adjustable control arms? I havnt had any experence with them but most here say RE is the best. I have Rustys crap. No real complaints on the control arms but one coil is saging, and it hasnt even been a year since installation.

Nope, the spherical bearing in the lower end does all that. Works pretty well, too.

Holds up pretty well, it's greasable and rebuildable when needed.

I have the JKS arms and I love them. IMO they are the best on the market. They utilize stock LCA bushings so the ride is as good as stock. The bushings last a lot longer as well because they are no longer twisting under flex. The arm does that. I have zero rattles from them and zero complaints.

Timmay said:
I have the JKS arms and I love them. IMO they are the best on the market. They utilize stock LCA bushings so the ride is as good as stock. The bushings last a lot longer as well because they are no longer twisting under flex. The arm does that. I have zero rattles from them and zero complaints.
x2....mine is a DD, and wasn't wanting any more noise, or anything resembling a rod end/heim joint. I'm very satisfied with my JKS LCA's. I also think the pivot in the middle is a good idea. They are well built, very heavy- bad for road ride, but good for longevity! :sunshine:

RE all the way!:worship: whats the price diff in the RE and the JKS anyway??

RE is junk, crappy customer service, crappy products, everything. My JKS arms never give me any trouble and they ride NIIIICE.

Puma297 said:
RE is junk, crappy customer service, crappy products, everything.
I'll give you that one on the service, but please feel free to actually explain yourself on the rest.

Yucca-Man said:
I'll give you that one on the service, but please feel free to actually explain yourself on the rest.

Have you actually seen close up, or better yet, held in your own hands a set of JKS arms and a set of RE arms to compare? (materials, workmanship) I have, and the JKS arms won... Is that worth the extra $$??? Over the long haul, probably...

That said, I have used RE superflex uppers on the trail... and have nothing bad to say about them. I'm re-using those arms on my next project, along with Currie lowers. (the track bar, swaybar discos, BPEs, will all be JKS though)

Yucca-Man said:

a.) false advertising: they told me the fixed length arms were longer than stock arms so it would fix any DS vibe I had with my 4.5" lift. Got a set of their fixed uppers and sure enough they were identical to the stock length.

b.) faulty products: I had the RE1600 trackbar and it did nothing but give me death wobble and unresponsive steering. The frame mount never stayed tight, EVER! and I blew out a heim in it before I could even return it. JUNK!

c.) faulty products case II: Jamb nuts on the adjustable arms seize up in less than a second after they are put on. Then when the nut is broken free from the rust it strips the threads on the adjustable part.

d.) faulty products case III: They're "quick" disco's had to be hammered out with a 4lbs sledge after being installed not even 2 weeks earlier.

I've learned my lesson, everything on my rig now is JKS/ORGS or just plain homemade. Definatley worth the extra time and money to do it right the first time.

My RE makes lots of noises I don't like from the front end.

I think it's the Upper Control Arm, and I've tightened everything under there.

Still no clue.

Timmay said:
I think the Bushings are the key to the lack of noise......

Back