• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE seal PN#?

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
Does anyone have a part number for the rear output seal on a 231 w/HD SYE? NAPA couldn't match it up, and Checker was their usual WORTHLESS self! The seal is about 3" across the flange, and around 1.9" ID. (yoke size)
TIA!

From an old post, it should be a "CR" seal. Napa should be able to get you the right one, just take the old one with you.

Fergie

Fergie said:
From an old post, it should be a "CR" seal. Napa should be able to get you the right one, just take the old one with you.

Fergie
Tried the NAPA thing. :mad: They wanted to see the old one before they tell me how long to get one here. I'd rather not take the jeep down and have them say 2 weeks like last time!

Hey man...Im not sure if this is what you are willing to go through, but when I installed my SYE i mucked up the seal while installing it. I work at Autozone so I hauled butt down there at night and just started matching them up. I found one or two that were almost exact. Nice fit in the housing, and great seal around the shaft. Ill try to figure out the part number tomorrow while Im at work...but if not, and if you are near an autozone...the guys will either help you find one or let you back at the seals to match it up. But Ill try to get you the number. By the way...I couldnt cross the number off the seal either...dont know why. I looked in the books and in the computer but no luck. The seal I found was a timken... Good luck!

Justin

ghettocruiser said:
Hey man...Im not sure if this is what you are willing to go through, but when I installed my SYE i mucked up the seal while installing it. I work at Autozone so I hauled butt down there at night and just started matching them up. I found one or two that were almost exact. Nice fit in the housing, and great seal around the shaft. Ill try to figure out the part number tomorrow while Im at work...but if not, and if you are near an autozone...the guys will either help you find one or let you back at the seals to match it up. But Ill try to get you the number. By the way...I couldnt cross the number off the seal either...dont know why. I looked in the books and in the computer but no luck. The seal I found was a timken... Good luck!

Justin
That'd be awesome if you could find that number. I'm trying to get the seal ahead of time so my Jeep's not down for long.
Thanks.

Any luck?? I tore my garage to pieces trying to find the package for the seal...I know it threw it on my bench somewhere. I crawled under my jeep to see if I could see the P/N on the seal but no luck. Tonight at work Ill try to go back and see if I can get a history of my account and see if its there. Sorry I couldnt come up with the number...

Justin

No luck yet. I emailed JB Conversions to see if I could just order one from them.

Back