• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 not hub centric

XJ92jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 8.8 with discs and the axle is not hub centric. Searched the topic but there is no mention of it. Has anyone else run into this and if so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
Dave

Are you sure? The diameter of the hub pilot may be different than Jeep uses, but most if not all modern vehicles center the wheel on the hub. As Jason said, most aftermarket wheels are made with a center bigger than any OEM wheel, so it may not matter. But you can get hubcentric rings to make aftermarket wheels center properly on whatever axle you have.

XJ92jeep said:
I have an 8.8 with discs and the axle is not hub centric. Searched the topic but there is no mention of it. Has anyone else run into this and if so what did you do to fix it?
Fix what? What's the problem?

Unless you plan on running with loose lugnuts.....I think you should be fine. The bolt pattern is centered so if you know how to tighten lugnuts it will be fine. My AR 767 rims aren't hubcentric and they are fine. Don't worry about it.

Back