• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Anti bling, the carnage begins

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
The official project anti-bling thread
antibling.jpg

First of all, mad props go out to Drew (aka sten_mitchell) and dustin (mycollegetoy), I couldn't have done it without them. Drew, your welding blows my mind and Dustin, your work ethic, knowledge, and ingenuity are amazing. Started on the front leaf spring set up today and just finished up a while ago, got everything in except, I need some shocks, shock mounts and a dana 300 and I will be done. The specs on my truck are

Front Dana 44, 5.38's, lock right crossover steering
Rear 12 Bolt welded, 5.38's
Dick cepek 35x12.5x15 on bling bling wagon wheels
We started doing stock toyota rears springs in front but they were just to long, esp. since I am using the stock LCA mounnts. I am running a form of toyotas, off set FJ-40 springs. i will be going to yj leafs or waggies eventually, but these are working out well so far.
Here are some pictures
Before
stock3.jpg

stock1.jpg

The hanger (thanks dennissuello, it was a life saver)

hanger3.jpg

hanger2.jpg

And, after

wait, I forgot to bring my camera home tonight, so you guys will just have to wait for the pictures

As for me, I need to go to bed, i am getting an early start tommorow

We got everything in, but are missing a few miscellaneous parts (brakeline fittings, u-bolts for the yoke that goes from the d shaft to the axle). I hate the fact that we are so close to finishing it, but are just lacking 2 parts :rolleyes: We have about 25 hours in to the whole project. Any way, here are the pictures

The first is just the old stock dana 35 under the jeep
Stockfront.jpg

The next is just a picture of the front with out an axle
everythingout2.jpg

This is the booty fab portion of your program, we used washers to shim the shackles over so we could line up the front mounts which we then welded to the cross member
bootyfabshackles.jpg

At the end of night one, we drove it around like this sans brakes, that was fun, just ask dustin, he was riding on the center console :yup:
goofy2.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of the rear, it isn't like there was anything exciting going on. This is the finished product. Believe it or not, I am perfectly level, some days you just get lucky, I was going to run toyota rears, but my rear mount wasn't far enough back. I just so happened to have some fj40 springs that Sam at Samco Fab gave me, and, believe it or not, I am perfectly level :D
sittinlevel.jpg

Here is a poser shot of the rear, I am getting about 13-14" of travel in the rear
poser1.jpg

Here is a poser shot in the front, I am getting about 13" of travel in the front
frontflex.jpg

Well, off to bed. I should be finished by monday :D

Starboard M said:
Now you need to cut the fenders, and sheel the out of it.

So the FJ leaves are the same length as the MJ leaves?
No, I used the FJ leaves in the front and went springover in the rear (mj's are spring under the axle).
As for cutting the fenders that is on the list, the PO did a crappy job, so I have to redo it.

Davidt...that looks awesome.

took it out to the rti ramp, it flexed so well, I cracked my windshield :mad: I also forgot my camera, I will take some pics and post them tomorrow

davidt said:
took it out to the rti ramp, it flexed so well, I cracked my windshield :mad: I also forgot my camera, I will take some pics and post them tomorrow

What flexed? The chassis or the suspension?

CRASH

BrettM said:
exactly. mine is very rigid... maybe the longbed chassis is not as rigid? or maybe he has more rust than he knows?
what does rust have to do with it? Of course the longbed chassis is not as rigid, its just a longer torque arm, guess I will had to finish up my sliders :D

Last edited:
Back