• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 RE kit and 35s- Possible?

Bigsurf75

NAXJA Forum User
So I've seen DPG's hybrid kits that only give about 5 inches of lift, I've also heard that REs superflex 4.5 inch kit gives about 5 inches. Think its possible to fit 35s? I do alot of highway driving still and I am tryin to keep a LCG because Its safer.

Any suggestions? Write ups I should know about? Help me out.

if you hack your fenders sure. ive got 33's on a 3.5" RE lift, and could probably fit 35's, but would have absolutely ZERO flex. with a 4.5 you shouldnt have any problems getting them on with cut up fenders, but it all comes down to how far your travel is gonna be.

DanMan2k06 said:
if you hack your fenders sure. ive got 33's on a 3.5" RE lift, and could probably fit 35's, but would have absolutely ZERO flex. with a 4.5 you shouldnt have any problems getting them on with cut up fenders, but it all comes down to how far your travel is gonna be.
SPOBI

4.5 is plenty to run 35's....

pm XJnation - he'll explain...

red91inWA said:
Not if you got 3.07 gears :D or 3.54's for that matter...:twak:

true dat!

3.07's suck with my 235's...

xjnation said:
what the hell does tire size have to do with flex? flex is a function of the suspension not tires.

Maybe he means uptravel? As uptravel is a combination of suspension and tires (as in how much room you have to go up).
Anyways, I have 33's on 4.5" +mj shackle and a spacer up front and 35's would be doable, although I think that I'd have to play with backspacing on the rims.

cut your fenders and add proper bumpstops. I have 3.07s with 31s and all i wanna do is cry all day long. Its ok though, soon 4.56s!!!

Kejtar said:
Maybe he means uptravel? As uptravel is a combination of suspension and tires (as in how much room you have to go up).
Anyways, I have 33's on 4.5" +mj shackle and a spacer up front and 35's would be doable, although I think that I'd have to play with backspacing on the rims.

msut be, maybe he shoulda said what he meant....anyway 35's adn 4.5 will be no problem, 3" back spaciing or less Id say. my MJ has 5" or so and 35 mtr's now

"what the hell does tire size have to do with flex? flex is a function of the suspension not tires."

if i put 35's on my jeep they would be like half an inch from rubbing on the wheel wells. maybe flex is the wrong term, here - my suspension could not move at all without rubbing like hell

DanMan2k06 said:
"what the hell does tire size have to do with flex? flex is a function of the suspension not tires."

if i put 35's on my jeep they would be like half an inch from rubbing on the wheel wells. maybe flex is the wrong term, here - my suspension could not move at all without rubbing like hell

ever heard of a sawzall, or plasma cutter?

Flex is flex. You get a the same amount no matter what your tire size. Now the only limiting factor would be rubbing on sheetmetal, if you get rid of some you gain back the flex that was robbed by the sheetmetal. So if you want a LCG and 35's just cut it up a bit and properly bumpstop it and your set. Now swap in some nice new stronger axles while your at it too.

Markus said:
Flex is flex. You get a the same amount no matter what your tire size. Now the only limiting factor would be rubbing on sheetmetal, if you get rid of some you gain back the flex that was robbed by the sheetmetal. So if you want a LCG and 35's just cut it up a bit and properly bumpstop it and your set. Now swap in some nice new stronger axles while your at it too.

X2

im at around 6.5" of lift and I still rub bad with my 36s.

but I am also antibumpstops so that is probably my problem

I have a hybrid kit from DPG. I'm runnin 3.5" leafs + shackles and zj 3.5" coils + an extra coil spring isolater on 34x12.50 on 15x8, 3.75bs and I rub a lot up front. I'll probably swap the extra isolator for a 2" spacer and maybe some boomerang shackles if I go with 35's next. The back does not rub at all and the ride is very stable even with no swaybars.

It all depends on what tire make. My friend runs 35X12.50s and they are about and inch smaller in diameter (shorter) than my friends 35X12.50 BFGs both of which have about the same amounbt of milege. I dunno who makes 33x10.50s but why not just go with 34s? the difference in height is very minimal and the width is the same.

Back