• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Delayed turning off?

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I guess it was meant to be. I have a lot of demons, but can't imagine this one.

My headlights, if the switch is in the on position when I shut off the truck, stay on for a little while after the truck is off.

I guess this is a factory option? Where do I find the wiring and componants associated with this?

Thanks.

It's normal - I can't think of the name right now but you get 45 or 60 seconds after shutting the ignition off before they go dark. There was a question within the last week or so about this, and the first couple answers weren't too sure where to find the wiring. I didn't stay with the thread so don't know if it was located or not.

It's kind of a nice feature if you leave your outside lights off and it's dark out. :idea: Or if you like to bowhunt at night. :eyes: All you have to do is re-insert the key into the ignition with the headlights switched off and they will go out.

over2land said:
cool, thanks.

So it was a standard thing on all of them?
Headlight Sentinal.

Optional.

over2land said:
Where do I find the wiring and componants associated with this?

Thanks.
My '01 sounds like it is behind the dash, left hand side of the steering wheel. If I stop, turn off the engine but leave the lights ON I can hear ( wierd spring sort of sound) the mechanism trying to turn off the headlights ( about a minute later). I've never noticed the sound when I do turn the lights off, I never pay attention in the dark. :shiver:

Weird.

Sorry for the newbie question, but it's the last thing I expected out of a 500 buck, 17 year old dilapidated truck.

Thanks for the help

over2land said:
Weird.

...a 500 buck, 17 year old dilapidated truck.

Thanks for the help

If it runs, those are the best kind. :laugh3:

Back