• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KC Light Bar on Cherokee

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to add a few lights to my roof and I don't have a roof rack, so a light bar is my only option (other than a roof rack, but I really don't need one). I've looked around and seached the forum and can't seem to find much information on KC's Light Bar for the Cherokee (KC Rail#:7525 Gutter Mount#7536). Does anyone use one? Anyone have a picture of one mounted (I can only find small end pictures). The Gutter Mount #7536 says 84-95 mount, I thought all the gutters were the same 84-01, so it should work with my 97, right?

I'm looking for a lightbar that I can tuck the wires inside and make a nice clean look/install. Any other suggestions? I know RockRatz makes one that hides the wires nice, I would just rather use the KC if possible.

Thanks,
Bill

Here are a few pics of the bar mounted on my jeep http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=357158 I bought a roof rack so I sold it awhile ago, I liked it personaly. you have some trimming to do to get it to size....and as for routing I ran the wires through the fender into the door jam, up the door seal, then I went under the roofliner......I'm guessing you have the factory railings so take out the forward-most screw on whichever side you decided to go with then you will be able to run the wire through the screw hole to the roof then to your lights. It takes awhile to get it through the hole but it's a nice cleen install.

I don't have factory rook racks. I was thinking of driing a small hole on the inside of the gutter and runnning the wires through the gromet in the b-piller. Thanks for the pictures!

look at www.rockratz.com, never really heard much about the company but their light bar's look good and don't cost too much

Jeep makes these things called 'sport bars' they are gutter mount rack bars that go from side to side, two in the set, they are square tube that can be drilled and used to mount lights. Don't know how stable they will be at speed but they might be an option.
I also have a roof mount bike rack that I used on my trooper, thats the same way only it has the parts on it for holding the front forks and rear tire. I considered using them to mount lights on but got a safari rack. Still have not done it, that ended up on the back burner but now that it's getting warm again I might revive it. Got some old cibie super oscars that are just begging to be put to work again...

Back