• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 up door removal

njedgexj

NAXJA Forum User
for those of you with the newer style door hinges i have found that the easiest way to remove the pins is too remove the plastic sleeve around the pins, then take a dremel with cut-off wheel and cut through the center of the pin..then i took an air chisel and knocked out the top and bottom piece of the pin i just cut...repeat on other hinges...i did this after work today...took me about 3o mins per door...for now all i have was 1/4 x 3" bolts..that is too small there is alot of slop in the doors...tomorrow i will get some larger bolts and that should fix that...and i have all power windows, locks,mirror...i just unpluged everything from the kick panel...i just thought i would share my after work project....now i just need a mirror an i am good to go..
scott

Any pics. I really want to do this. Do the doors line up okay. Easy on and off???---------kyle

i used the heavy duty cut-off ones...the look like mini cut-off wheels for grinders...

Back