• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Exhaust Manifold Should I Get?

IdeaMan

NAXJA Forum User
I'm debating between these:

1. http://www.carpartstoyourdoor.com/ $119.95 delivered w/lifetime warranty.

2. http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustManifolds/Jeep/Cherokee/1AEEM00146/146503 $134.95 w/lifetime warranty.

3. I can get an ATP exhaust manifold locally for $190.39 w/lifetime warranty and it would be easier to swap if I ever needed to take advantage of the warranty.

4. Splurge and get a Gibson header for $329.99 steel or $399.99 stainless but I reallllly hate to spend $400.

Has anyone used these brands and if so, how long have they lasted without a crack?

I don't think you have much to lose with #1...free shipping to boot (not to me, though). Doesn't look like you'd get much horsepower gains though - is that one of your goals with this next purchase?

Cheers,
Rian

No, my goal isn't horsepower. I'm just replacing to get rid of the sound and any future problems that continually driving with it will lead to.

Borla, Borla, BORLA.

Those guys ROCK. The header is a little pricey- but it's something that will outlive your Jeep. I live in the "salt belt", and I swear by they're stuff.

I've replaced all the crap AROUND the exhaust- and keep grinning year after year about how the stainless is just giggling at the environment. I've had it for 4 years now, and it's the strongest part of my ride.

I wish THEY made OTHER stuff for Jeeps...

The Borla is just too pricey. I already have 150k miles on this thing. If I had 75k I might have considered it. I could get a cheaper exhaust manifold and a locker for the same cost as a Borla header.

You're right, I could get it welded but if it does crack again soon (which it has for a lot of other people... you've been luckier!!) then all that wasted labor has to be done again.

The Borla includes the head pipe (right I think?). Thats part of the extra
cost. I saw that as a downside though, on the newer models where the front pipe is clamped to the cat thats an extra chore I didn't want to get into.

I just installed a banks. Ligned up with the stock pipe just perfect.
BTW they come with good quality gaskets (both ends). Thats something else
to figure into the cost if you buy a cheaper one.

I bought one a about a hundred clams on ebay and it's been fine, at least for the year that I've had it.

Why replace something broken and junk with more junk?

Do yourself a favor, and never worry about doing a header again and get a borla, banks or a gibson.

I put a gibson on mine not stainless though, and I am very happy with it. Sure beats the 2 of the cheapie stock ones I fixed.

Back