• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot Springs

i live in hot springs. im in school in fayetteville though. they are extending the bypass and the way its headed, its aimed right at the orv park. i live out at that place. and love it to death. id die if they take it out. but the city would have to buy the land from the park, meaning they could probably go buy some different land and relocate. but thats a shitload of work to relocate something like that. with all the trails and stuuf they have. id even be okay with it if they just build the bypass up like a bridge and took it right across the park. we could still wheel there, and they could have their highway.

saw this earlier. hope it doesnt go through. one of the few good parks close to me.

Our club works very close with the park. I just got off the phone with Linda (manager), it seems there was plan A and plan B
X
plan A would have brought the road straight throug the middle of the park really disrupting if not totally shutting down the park. X
X
Xfortunately plan B only took a small portion of the undeveloped property accross the street. X
X
It seems that this is the path of least resistance to building a highway and after speaking with the big wigs at the highway department it is the most likely path for the new road. XA good part of this is that Mill Creek will have an exit very near the park making it even faster to get there
X
Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are in the clear for now. XLinda promised to call with any updates.

Thank goodness for good news...came from Harrison, AR and am planning to go back soon...it would stink to lose a park like that. 45acp over @ Pirate 4x4 was right...its almost useless fighting Arkansas legislature once it gets moving, so its good to know that they might be using some sense this go-round.

How long has THAT been there??!! like a stone's throw from home base right there...man, now I've really got to get back there. :O

Thanks for the info, yotaparts.

Yotaparts, thanks for the good gouge. I'll make sure to give it a go once I get down there. Gonna have to try out Hot Springs too.

where is that in relation to hot springs.

nevermind, i rememer now. thought this was a different place. been there recently? opened up anymore trails

Back