• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Moab

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
The 21st 0r the 28th works good for me, lets pick a date soon so all who want to work on this new Utah chapter idea can be there. Also, I don't know how hot it will be so should we start out early morning on saturday? and just have a lunch out at little Moab? We can meet at the new Smith's parking lot on Redwood Rd. and State Hwy 73 @ 9:30am. They have fuel pumps there too. So give me feedback, will this work for all?

Either should work for me. I would prefer an early start also, the earlier the better, so I could be back home around noon.

Sounds pretty good to me. 28th @ 9:30 Smiths Parking Lot? I am trying to think of a nice shadded place to eat but Little Moab isn't known for their greenery, but I am sure we can think of something.

I am going up Skyline drive above the B in Bountiful Thursday to check out a trail for a future group ride. I heard there is one called Sheperds Creek or something like that that is pretty can be pretty challenging.

Can't make it this weekend or the next (28th). I'll be four wheeling in the Medicine Bow. I am interested in a Bountiful run and some discussion about the Chapter. Does anyone know all the steps to go through to get a chapter? I have some time to devote to it, but by no means am I president material. Thats for ambitious people like Keith, Marc or Jeff. I could be the secretary to the vice president's assistant or something. Keith, where are the photos???

Hey stp189, what time on Thursday will you be doing Skyline Dr. in Bountiful?

ACE said:
Hey stp189, what time on Thursday will you be doing Skyline Dr. in Bountiful?

I am planning around 6-6:30ish (If all goes well at Ms. Conceptions) I get off work 5-5:30. You are welcome to come along.

I really need to get back to the SL area...there is just nothing going on in St. George, and no one seems interested in anything...wonder if it's the heat...

Next time I'm through SL some of us will have to get together and hit a trail somewhere.

I can submit some of my time to the chapter as-well...but I'm not too accesible as some of you guys are in the SL area. So I guess I'll just have to help with whatever I can from down here, just let me know what I can do.

Matt

David B said:
Can't make it this weekend or the next (28th). I'll be four wheeling in the Medicine Bow. I am interested in a Bountiful run and some discussion about the Chapter. Does anyone know all the steps to go through to get a chapter? I have some time to devote to it, but by no means am I president material. Thats for ambitious people like Keith, Marc or Jeff. I could be the secretary to the vice president's assistant or something. Keith, where are the photos???

Hey, Hey, now...........that's enough of the 'Marc' talk in there {and my member # is way too high.... I say we go by that :D }.......I don't even know where I'll be LIVING in 6-10 months........{somewhat flattered, but not really :D }

Keith or Jeff are seconded on the nomination......

..............and in other news, there is a trail cleanup sponsored by the BLM at 5-Mile pass on the 21st at 9:00. U4WDA and rockymountainextreme.com are where I've participated from previously, but it'd be sweet to get some groceries out there for the other groups..................I'd rather see us go there than Little Moab as a first 'chapter' organization meeting. They usually cook lunch, but I don't know if that is true this time or not. I've helped twice and both times we were done by 1:00-2:00 pm and had a couple of hours to do something interesting. Bring gloves, a rake, and a shovel and a pickup if you have it (and some gloves). Smiles are always welcome and it's nice to meet the land managers and get to see them face to face. Pretty good people and they really aren't as 'green' as people think they are.

I'll post more info as I get any more details.....

Last edited:
Hey I am good with 5-mile pass. It is closer to my house and there is some trails out there that can make you think twice. So lets go for this saturday the 21st @ 9:00 am 5-mile pass. We can do the clean up and figure out a final date for a formal meeting of a NAXJA Utah chapter. For those who have not been there, take the Lehi exit State Hwy 73 west pass Redwood rd. Keep going pass Cedar fort and Fairfield until you climb the first pass, you will see people parked on the right and left. Look for the XJ's on the right. I will have another drawing for those who show up. Again, lets get as many XJ's out there as we can. See you all there Thanks

mbryson said:

Keith or Jeff are seconded on the nomination......

Hey there, Marc........watch where you're pointing those nominations! Member number has nothing to do with Chapter management capability......more the ability to react under pressure....."Hey Bryson, we need 75 people moved by 10am, get on it......." U DA MAN!

;)

I'm trying to decide if I should come out to 5 Mile or just invite everyone over to my house for a clean up..........actually to move dirt and bury sprinklers..........I just bought a case of Otter Pops! Anyone.....Anyone ??

XJEEPER said:
....."Hey Bryson, we need 75 people moved by 10am, get on it......."

That usually gets a 'pirate type salute' from me......... :passgas: :nono: {that is a middle finger, isn't it?}

XJEEPER said:
I'm trying to decide if I should come out to 5 Mile or just invite everyone over to my house for a clean up..........actually to move dirt and bury sprinklers..........I just bought a case of Otter Pops! Anyone.....Anyone ??

Otter Pops!!!!!.........I'm there!!! I actually need to get my 13 year old out on a service project---it'll be good for him. See you at 5 mile you 'wanker'.....

Alright, I'll be there. Anyone coming from anywhere north of Salt Lake City, like the Kaysville area, want to caravan down? Actually, I need someone to follow since I've never been out that way :shhh:

ACE said:
Alright, I'll be there. Anyone coming from anywhere north of Salt Lake City, like the Kaysville area, want to caravan down? Actually, I need someone to follow since I've never been out that way :shhh:

Im in Bountiful and am most likely going to go.

I think I need an engine driven cooling fan or my XJ is out of commission. Anybody have a spare to help me evaluate if I should shell out the bucks for the new 'dealer' one?

I'll be there 9:00 am Saturday - 5 mile pass, I'll try and be there on time this time. I'll be coming from the south due to a family reunion today and tomorrow so if there are any changes between now and then I'll still be showing up at 5 mile pass at 9:00 am!

I will be at 5 mile pass but I would still like to go down to Little Moab on the 28th and meet at the new Smith's parking lot at 9:00am. We have a cooling trend for the next week so it should not be too hot. If we can get a head count in who is still interested that would be nice. I know I am going with another XJ who could not make the Mineral basin trip. My rig is set up for back country fishing and hunting but hey, I always enjoy watching someone else push theirs to the limit at little moab. See you all at the pass.

Sorry if I missed anybody. I got hung up a little by Johnny Law and didn't get there until 9:30 --- He suggested that I TOW my out of license XJ out there rather than drive it, happy to oblige as I got off with a 'warning'. Joe was still hanging around and we did a 'roundabout' Rattlesnake trail run.....(in my still overheating XJ---we are SURE that it's the cooling fan, though)

So did anyone else go out besides Marc and me? I got there about 9:15 and just hung out then I saw Marc towing his rig in. Marc showed me around and let me ride shotgun in his rig up the last bit of rattlesnake as there was no way I could have made it without a bunch of rock stacking. We saw WayneXJ going in as we were coming out around noon but that was the only other XJer we saw.

I'll be there on the 28th. Should have a few buddy's w/xj's as well. Shall we get a head count for Little Moab, then Winger's on the 28th?

Back