• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with RE 4.5 super flex?

XJ-1

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious if anyone was running this lift? New to the XJ thing but have been Jeepin' for three years. Previous vehicle was YJ. Got a lot of parts if anyone needs them.

XJ-1,
Try posting this questino on the Modified Tech Forum, You'll get the response you need.

T BENT

I see from your profile that your XJ is a 99. I put this lift on my 01 back in oct. last year. I followed the forum here for about a year and a half plus read every shred of info I could get my hands on before spending any cash. I,m running adj. upper & lower control arms,full spring packs in the rear and Rancho 9000 shocks. The ride is every bit as comfy as it was before even with the shocks set at med. The flex is great for an off the shelf item. The RE kits tend to run higher in the rear, looked like a stink bug till things settled. As it sets now, I have 3/4" poly spacers for the front that will level it out for the most part. It may still be a little taller in the rear but should sit fine with my gear in the back. I did do a HD SYE and new rear drive shaft at the same time. (this seemed to be the safe thing to do) The sway bar disconects are a pain in the arse though. they are noisy too. One day I will change them out but they do the job. I run 31's on oem wheels anl only rub the fender near the top of the coils a little bit. I do need to trim my plastic bumper where the line of the flares is. Would I buy what I did knowing what I do now? yes. All in all it is a good value and a very complete package, IMO.

Yes I have the 4.5 Super-flex too. I do not like the track bar with the heim joint. Mine pops all the time even though I have it tight. My heim joint seems to loosen up everyonce in a while too. I think I might go with their HD track bar and bracket.

Justin

RJRJ.JPG

The rig on the left is my buddy RJ Lynn's...it's a '99 Sport with the 4.5 Superflex, JKS discos, The AA SYE and 235/85/16 BFG KM's (32x9 essentially) and the HD Trackbar Upgrade.

I've got the 4.5 on order, and everything I've read and heard it's one of the most complete lifts on the market. Check out dpgoffroad.com Dirk will match anyones price on the lift, and has some great prices on the upgrades like the track bar, JKS discos, OME shocks etc. He'll take care of ya.

Matt

lookin at gettin the 4.5 RE too.. so far im gonna upgrade to the JKS and Rancho 9000's I'm looking at a little bit of a heavier Track bar, it escapes me which one it was. But I'm not gonna do a SYE right away. Going to do it just not at the same time. Cash flow is kinda slow. Was wondering if anyone had serious Diveline vibes?

I love the kit, except for the trackbar, as mentions before. The heim didn't last very long. It isn't a safety issue, just annoying. If I did it again, I would get the HD trackbar and bracket.

Marcus

I am looking into the RE 4.5 for my '99 XJ. I am also a little strapped for cash and am curious about driving it without a SYE.

I know that this varies from XJ to XJ. However, how bad are the drive line vibes without a SYE? What speeds to they usually appear at?

Thanks,
-Brian

BTW: Please list what year XJ your experience was with as I understand the '97+ XJs have more trouble then the earlier ones.

HodgePodge said:
lookin at gettin the 4.5 RE too.. so far im gonna upgrade to the JKS and Rancho 9000's I'm looking at a little bit of a heavier Track bar, it escapes me which one it was. But I'm not gonna do a SYE right away. Going to do it just not at the same time. Cash flow is kinda slow. Was wondering if anyone had serious Diveline vibes?

Back