• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unsure

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I have the BDS 3" kit on my 01XJ its a 2.5" AAL with a 5/8 block the front is 3" coils thinking of adding a 3/4" Spacer to the front end and removing the
5/8" block on the rear and adding a BDS 1" block giving me 3.5" in the back and 3 3/4" the back sits a bit higher then the front.Ater the lift was installed very little in the way of vibes i did drop the t-case 1" ,any opions on doing this? Thanks as always

I would suggest you take out the block and get a 1" drop shackle from the company of your choice. It will help to give you the lift you want, give you a little more flex in the rear, won't effect your pinion angle as much (in a negative way), and won't wear out your pack as fast as using blocks can (i.e. spring wrap, warp, etc.) Just my .02

HTH!

Thanks for the advice trying to decidewhat to do My new tires are a bit bigger then i thought 31 trxus m/ts just looking for a bit more clearence with out trimming.

nhrocker said:
I would suggest you take out the block and get a 1" drop shackle from the company of your choice. It will help to give you the lift you want, give you a little more flex in the rear, won't effect your pinion angle as much (in a negative way), and won't wear out your pack as fast as using blocks can (i.e. spring wrap, warp, etc.) Just my .02

HTH!

not quite -

rear pinion angle with a block will be pointed more skyward with the LIFT shackle - and will do different things depending on YOUR setup...
the block will keep the pinion angle exactly as it is...

and blocks and shackles both wear on leaf packs differently

with a shackle extend the bumpstops to keep the leaves from over-extending or they will wear faster

blocks create more of a nifty S curve and warping them, eveutualy causing a failure...

personaly - i would keep it as it is and run with it...
remember that going taller in the front creates a need for more expensive goodies real quick:
adjustable Upper and Lower control arms (500 for RE parts)
Trackbar (275 for RE HD)
Brake Lines (40.00 for 95' YJ)
Steering componenets to remedy the new trackbar angles and allignment between the two parts

so it isnt just adding a spacer...

Thanks xj_ranger i think your probably right leave if for now and run with it ive already have an adjustable t-bar and the longer brakelines im gonna start on my skid plates and rock rails now and worry about getting taller later.Maybe when i can get LCA's and UCA's and an SYE and driveshaft ill go for a couple of more inches.
Thanks again why i ask here.

Back