• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lock ring pliers

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i searched and found a lot of info, but nobody said where to get the right ones. The ones with the flat tips. Ill soon be tearing into my 231 again as well as the ax-15 and decided that its time for a new tool.

so where do i get these? all i can find are the ones with removable tips

Thanks

jjvande said:
thanks!, but they dont look like they have the flat tips like i need.

The picture was taken at the wrong angle to see. I was certain that was the exact set I had until I went out and looked at them. Mine have a different number which no longer comes up on their search, but the description is right "Includes knurled right angle tips that securely holds rings." The ones you linked to are probably better but I used mine from Sears for a couple of 231s and they worked great.

I bought my Craftsman lockring pliers a while back at Sears for $12 give or take.

2 weeks ago i couldnt find the flat tipped at 2 different Sears and a Sears Hardware outlet.

Ended up using regular tipped snap-ring pliers.

the last time i did a 231, i used a pair of screwdrivers and and various open end wrenches. let me say...that was some fuuuun

Thanks, ill keep looking around after sears

Got a set at NAPA less than 15 bucks as I recall. Look for transmission snap ring pliers or heavy duty pliers. Mine were labeled transmission snap ring.

Back