• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Car Dies after tranny swap

ragincajun

NAXJA Forum User
I had a shop swap in a rebuilt tranny(auto), and it ran perfect all the way home. I get in the next day and the battery is dead. I clean terminals, check water, etc. and jump it off. I drove it around for a while to "charge" it. Next morning get in start up and drove 100 miles no problem. Get in the car the next day and here is where it starts :

I crank the engine, but the RPM's will not hold, I drop it in drive and get to a stop sign and it dies. I crank it again having to pump the gas and it starts up, about thirty feet again and the RPM's drop and it kills. Happens one more time and then it drives perfect rest of the day. Brought it to tranny shop, cannot find anything wrong, brought it to "the zone" ,test starter, alternator and battery all are fine, put it on scanner, no codes, It does not sputter like it is a fuel issue, rpm's just go away like I turned off the key. My thought is loose ground. Anyone experience this.

Back