• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck stranded...possibly NSS? Bypass?

BoxOnRocks

NAXJA Forum User
My truck is stranded, though fortunately in the driveway. I loosened the retaining bolt and lightly hit it, partly out of frustration :) It started up once, I turned it off, never started again. This is all lastnight so I need to go home and check again.

I took it off and tried to clean the contacts to no avail. Is there a way to completely bypass this whole stupid thing and just try not start my truck in 'D'?

Its a '92 AW4, btw.

look at the wire harness that comes from the nss on the trans...follow it up just by the tranny dipstick and rear of the valve cover...you should find a black wire with a white stripe...if there is just one black w/ white stripe ground it...if there are two, tap them together...I dont remember when they go from one wire to mess with to two...and do it in a way that you could always repair the bypass..

I think I remembered every thing right....

yellowxj said:
look at the wire harness that comes from the nss on the trans...follow it up just by the tranny dipstick and rear of the valve cover...you should find a black wire with a white stripe...if there is just one black w/ white stripe ground it...if there are two, tap them together...I dont remember when they go from one wire to mess with to two...and do it in a way that you could always repair the bypass..

I think I remembered every thing right....

Sounds about right to me. The last time I had to do it I thing it was the middle 2 of 4 wires, It was a long time ago though so I could be wrong.

Back