• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Haunted Horn!?!?!

UtXtream

NAXJA Forum User
The other day i went wheeling, i went through a big mud puddle and then my horn started up i pressed the horn and it went off then i hit a bump and it went on again and wouldnt go off it was just the one horn so i unplugged it and that was it. today i was driving down the road and the other one just started up and wouldnt go off and now its unplugged also, anyone ever had the haunted horn problem. any help on the subject would help cause as of now i have no horn, where i live with some of the drivers its a nice thing to have. thanks in advance

UtXtream

Just to clarify something, the Horn is back behind the front bumper correct? I looked in the FSM and searched where they said it was and found a round black object, certainly didn't look like a horn.

The reason I ask is b/c I was washing the mud off the underneath of mine last night and I hit the lock button and the horn sounded very weak.....like it was 15 years old. Hit the button on the wheel and sure enough, horn still sounds old. been testing it all day and it still sounds retarded. Kinda like half the horn is working. Only thing I can think of is I went a little too crazy with the pressure washer and got it a tad wet. This really sucks, cause w/ the ignorant people around here, you need to use your horn alot....other wise you'd constantly be cut off, and would sith through every green light about 4 times before the dude infront of you would realize he's an idiot (yackin on the phone).

Horn is a small black snail shapped thing on the driver's side behind the bumper. The ball on the passenger side is the vacume resevoir. If you get water into the snail coil of the horn it'll sound weak until it drains or dries out.

Beached Bones said:
Horn is a small black snail shapped thing on the driver's side behind the bumper. The ball on the passenger side is the vacume resevoir. If you get water into the snail coil of the horn it'll sound weak until it drains or dries out.
50% right - there's a horn on each side.
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/pics/bumper2.jpg
The horn is barely visible above and behind the vacuum bottle. There's another one on the driver's side.

Edited: Dang I forgot the original pic was THAT big! Removed the

Ahhhhh. i knew it was a dual noted horn, didn't know it was a dual horn horn...lol.

Believe it or not, while installing a new radio this evening, I had the battery un-plugged. Cleaned the terminals real good (noticed a huge improvement in how it starts, considering it's the orig. battery), and i'll be dammed if my horn isn't working properly again!

Guess it's part of owning a Jeep......

Back