• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tweeters install

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
OK well i just had a quick curios question. i like those tweeters things and i wanna get a pair. the install looks easy. do they have 1 or 2 wires going to it ? in the front i have 2 pioneer 5.25 speakers. now these have 2 wires, and i was wondering what wires i use for the tweeters? do i run completely new wires to the head unit or do i take one from the 5.25's ? im confused please let me know.

when you install component speakers like tweeters woofers subwoofers and so on, it is best to run a set of speaker wires from the deck/amp to a crossover and then different sets of wires from the crossover to the separate speakers. 2,3,and 4 way speakers have crossovers built in, but component speakers do not. the problem with just running a tweeter w/o a crossover is that it will play all the high frequencies, but also try to play the lows. you will get distortion and the life of your tweeter will be shortened. in place of buying a crossover, you might be able to take apart the one on the speaker and splice into the two wires going from the crossover to tweeter on the speaker, this might work, it would be acheap fix, but i don't recommend it.

Back