• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air compressor

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
I know that this is a little of the modified area, but I know that it will grab more attention in here. I am looking for a compressor that is realively portable but can still handle my impact (ir 2135), die grinder, air ratchet and possible a spray gun. It has to stay on a 110 line bc I rent. Any recommendations? I've looked at craftsman, cp and a few others, but before i buy, wannaa know what you guys think.

Portable Air Compressor and Die grinder are mutually exclusive. CFM is what kills you. A decent Die grinder will eat about 10 CFM, NO MATTER what the box says.

and the compressors i have looked at put out about 5.6@90 psi...hmm. That should still be enough to run my impact and ratchet though, correct?

cjwalkeriii said:
and the compressors i have looked at put out about 5.6@90 psi...hmm. That should still be enough to run my impact and ratchet though, correct?
Yes. For how long is another question. If you are looking direct-drive, I suggest a set of earplugs. Those are LOUD. Look for a nice Oil filled, belt drive in 30 Gal or larger. I've painted cars with my 30 Gal Crapsman, and always wishing for another 30-50 Gal.

Volume is related to duty cycle...After you drain the pressure out of the tank,to the point that the head kicks in, you are running on what the head can put out...Which is usually a LOT lower than rated.

A good A/c will make you smile....A shitty one will make you wonder what the big deal is with air tools....:)

Back