• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake problem with axle swap

bheit4x4

NAXJA Forum User
i just finished swapping in my 44/9 and im having a problem getting a good pedal. DO i need to upgrade the master cyl and booster? If so anyone know what i should upgrade to?

thanks in advance

What do you have on the new axle for brakes? Disc or drum? What size pistons?

bheit4x4 said:
i just finished swapping in my 44/9 and im having a problem getting a good pedal. DO i need to upgrade the master cyl and booster? If so anyone know what i should upgrade to?

thanks in advance
Don't take this the wrong way, but......
Did you remember to bleed the brakes?

ive got stock f150 calipers in the front and chevy calipers in the back not real sure on the piston size.

we bleed the brakes quite a few times and got all the air out. The pedal goes all the way to the floor and it slowly comes to a stop.

bheit4x4 said:
ive got stock f150 calipers in the front and chevy calipers in the back not real sure on the piston size.

we bleed the brakes quite a few times and got all the air out. The pedal goes all the way to the floor and it slowly comes to a stop.

Are the bleed valves above where the brake lines enter the caliper when the calipers are mounted?

Talyn said:
Are the bleed valves above where the brake lines enter the caliper when the calipers are mounted?

If the bleeders are below where the line enters the caliper no matter how much you try to bleed them you will not get the air out, just fluid. should be able to take them off and swap sides if that is the case

Back