• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj still riding higher than rest

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
i started a thread question about my 2001 cherokee sport.
I noticed that it rides higher than the 98 sport that i had? and that when on the highway or parking lot i ride about 1-2inches higher than other cherokees

i even pulled beside of a 2001 same color and had towe package and hooks in front . and my side mirror was about the same height?

i have no towe package, or upcountry susp. i got a build sheet from jeep and it just said normal susp. for the susp.?

why do you guys think mine rides higher.
it is 18" in front and back between the center and fender flares.
I have noticed that it rides a little more rough than my 98 did.
any thoughts?

When Jeep runs out of normal parts, they are likely to stick anything in there (on occasion). I´ve seen many with unlisted extras. They were probably short of stock springs and stuck a set of up country in there.

Thanks! for the info!
no complaints here about being higher! I think it's great
just couldn't figure out why the height differance from all the others.

my cherokee was made in august of 2001 so was 4 months from the end of the line. So i guess they were short on parts. lucky for me!

My '93 is 2WD but if I want front brake pads that fit I have to tell the parts guy it's a 4WD. The 2WD brake pads won't fit. I figured the same - they threw on whatever they had on hand.

XJ Dreamin'
stock 2WD '93 XJ, 4.0L HO, AW4, LT 235/75R15 A/T's

Everything I've ever read says that Cherokee production ended in late June 2001, June 22nd to be specific. I don't think an August '01 build date is accurate.?. The Libby's were being built by that time and the old Toledo Cherokee plant had been closed, if I'm not mistaken.

What part of the car did you measure from to get the 18"?

I recently bought a 2000 Classic and it seems to ride higher than most other Cherokees. Mine doesn't have the tow package though. I have 255/70R16 which are basically 30" tires and the only time I got it to rub (besides real sharp turns, rubbing on the control arm) was with about 500lbs of humans and dogs in the back. Do the Classics come with different springs than the Sports?

Mine has the 8.25 diff.

8Mud said:
When Jeep runs out of normal parts, they are likely to stick anything in there (on occasion). I´ve seen many with unlisted extras. They were probably short of stock springs and stuck a set of up country in there.
I'd just about bet on this as the correct reason.

Very much the same deal here....no UC listed, yet it rides at almost 18" in the rear and about 18.25" front....1998 sport. Going to throw another 3/4"-1" on it with shackles/spacers and call it good for 30's for now :D

Back