• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have bad wobbles at 30 mph

89jeepxjw

NAXJA Forum User
ok just finished up my lift sort of. The set up is 3 inch superlift coils and a 1 inch coil spacer up front then a 3 aal and a shackle in the rear. Wnet out to drive it afterwards and got on an open road. At about 25 mph my right front tire hit a bump then the whole jeep started to shake really really rough and wont steady out until you come to a complete stop.I know there can be alot of things that casue this but number one is the track bar. I reused the stock one had a hard time gettign it to line up in the stock location again but finally got it in so this is my number 1 guess. second being tires and allignment. the tires are 31x10.5 bfg at's on 15x8 rims. so can anyone tell me if im on the right track or if there is a good way find the problem before i start spending aimlessly on it? thanks in advance for any help.

So you've got a 4-inch (ish) lift with what? Stock control arms? You've had no alignment and it's wobbling like Anna Nicole Smith at an awards show? You need longer control arms and an alignment.

Having a hard time getting the stock trackbar to line up again sounds like your front axle is probably shifted to the left about 1.5" or so...it's sticking out under your fender isn't it? You can drill a hole and reposition the axle mount, but a stronger solution is to use an adjustable trackbar.

Back