• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Concerned

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Was invited to go wheelin earlier tonight with a couple of other XJ'ers went to a place they own big mud hole and a trail through the woods.Had a lot of fun till both of there rigs spit the rear drive shafts after that they tell me it happens to them all the time.My 01 XJ has a 2.5"AAL and a 5/8 steel lift block in the rear as well as the rear sway bar in tact.There rigs a 96 and a 90 have believe or not 4" of aluminum lift blocks an the stock leaves and no rear sway bars front rough country coils and no frt sway bars. I have a t-case drop and 3" BDS coils and sway bar discos. They have no t-case drops or SYE has me a bit worried about my own rig i have a 1" block and was going to remove my 5/8" block and add the 1" block now im worried ill start spitting the drive shaft as well. When there Dshafts came out we were going down a large step hill. Do i any thing to worry about or is there shaft problem because of the rigged up lifts they have. Sorry this is so long

Freekin' 4" blocks and stock driveshafts? Gee, I wonder why they're spitting ut driveshafts all the time; they've probably got about an inch of splined surface in contact when sitting flat, and the spring wrap has got to be HORRENDOUS with blocks like that! Going downhill, I bet they unloaded the rear end and dropped the shaft easily.

That's just reason #843 why an SYE and driveshaft are recommended after several inches of lift; not only does it reduce the vibes but you get sufficient engagement again...

Back