• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pitman Reinstall

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled my pitman with a puller from autozone (sounded like a gun shot). Im going to get it drilled out for my new heim steering tomorrow but I was curious on how to reinstall it. Do you need to beat it on then torque the nut or do you just torque it. Anyone know what the torque spec is on this. I have a 99.

Thankx.

As I recall, I just cleaned the internal and external splines thoroly with a brass brush and a little carburettor cleaner, then put the Pitman up. Used a nut and washer to gradually press it back in place, then put the "real" nut on and torqued it into place.

A touch of grease, oil, or never-seez put directly on the splines helps get the arm in place, just don't put any on the threads (or you'll have to modify your torque value...)

5-90

Make sure you get it lined up correctly once you do get it back in... I haven't taken one apart.... but it's just somethin to think about

thankx for the input

Does anyone know the torque spec on the pitman. I dont understand why there isnt a castle nut and codder pin on there.

Back