• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kevins 242 TC skid

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have this skid? It says on his site "new". How new is it? I have a 242 and I am having a hard time finding one that suits.

It looks really tuff and and $148ish with powdercoat, seems cheap for the stoutness. I just wish it covered the cat some.

Let me know what you guys think of it: http://www.kevinsjeepparts.com/images/zjimages/zj_skid_plate_images/Skid plate 001.jpg

I am also considering, skidrow, tomken, and XJ nation's.

Thanks for you input, I only want to buy one of these, I have put it off long enough. I don't need a die hard rock crawler (midwest).

Jason

that is way nice, but I want to keep the price down around 150 mark. I like DPG's to, but $ and they don't build for a 242..... Mostly $ though.

What do you guys think of the Kevins by looking at it?

Thanks,
Jason

I got a skid made similiar to the XJ nation skid and I have the 242 It works perfect. Just mount it so it hangs a little bit lower and clears the bottom of the transfer case.

The Kevin's skid looks different from all the others... strange!

I don't like a few things...

The trans mount bolt heads on the bottom are out in the open...
It just doesn't seem to cover enough of the cat.. any of your exhaust actually..

And it has that flat leading edge... I could see getting stuck on that..

But I guess I prefer the belly pan designs...

I DO like a few things about it though.

It replaces the stock crossmember...
I believe it adds a 1" T case drop?? I'd have to measure and see if it loses or gains ground clearance over the stock setup.... if it's a gain that's a plus..

If you get a bit of mudding in... it might be a little easier than a belly pan design to clean out...

Red97XJ said:
Anybody have this skid? It says on his site "new". How new is it? I have a 242 and I am having a hard time finding one that suits.

It looks really tuff and and $148ish with powdercoat, seems cheap for the stoutness. I just wish it covered the cat some.

Let me know what you guys think of it: http://www.kevinsjeepparts.com/images/zjimages/zj_skid_plate_images/Skid plate 001.jpg

I am also considering, skidrow, tomken, and XJ nation's.

Thanks for you input, I only want to buy one of these, I have put it off long enough. I don't need a die hard rock crawler (midwest).

Jason
I purchased the "Kevin's" skid, and it turned out not to look anything like the picture shown. Now, it was beefy and powder coated nicely, but not what I thought I was buying. Ask him to send you a picture of the actual 242 skid

Gslide,

Do you have any pics of the one you have? I can post on another site for ya if ya e-mail me.

Anybody else have an opinion? Maybe the XJnation is looking better.

Back