• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Drive Shaft????

XJ4playin

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed an NVG241OR in my XJ. I replaced the rear flange with a 1330 yoke and plan to run a 1330:1310 joint in the rear.

The front yoke on the NVG241OR is also a 1330. How can I change my front DS to a 1330 joint? Do I need to have a new shaft made or can I change something in the cardan joint?

I don't know the fix but this is something I'm going to run into as well so great to see it asked (Before I was in the middle of the swap) My guess is that you will need new shaft/joint

Nevermind.

Thought I had a solution but it won't work, now I can't delete.

I guess the other option, and cheaper one, would be to replace the front 1330 yoke with a 1310 yoke.

So if you are just starting the install I would recommend using the existing front 1330 yoke in the rear - to replace the large flange the 241OR comes with. And order a replacement 1310 yoke for the front. Changing the rear to accept a 1330 joint is as simple as replacing the existing joint with a 1330:1310 joint - if you already have a DS made. I think changing the front DS is a little more work and would be much cheaper to just change the yoke. So with that said I think I need to call up JB conversions and get a 32 spline 1310 yoke on order!

Back